Friday, July 22, 2011

Trying to build, tone and lose fat. are power and protein bars a good way to go?

I tend to work out 4-5x a week. I've been working out and dieting for about 6 weeks. I tend to stay at the gym from 1hr-3hrs. I want to work out as much as i can to get the best results possible because my weight loss has been really slow, I've lost about 7 llbs so far. I've been using whey powder and making shakes out of soy milk, whey, grapefruit, strawberries and oranges. but most recently I bought IronGirl powerbars for before my workout, powerbar energy blast fruit chews for during my workout (which I've noticed REALLY give me energy) and protein plus bars which include 20g of protein. If I'm having a slower workout I'll only take the irongirl bar and possible a protein bar but today (I had a 3 hour workout) I had all three plus a whey shake. is this to much? I dont know if this is enough for just body building or how protein works really. I noticed the energy blasts have a lot of sugar and the bars have lots of carbs and sugar - which I don't believe is very good for weight loss. is their types of energy and protein supplements that have fewer carbs and sugars? or is what I'm doing good for the results I want?

No comments:

Post a Comment