Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Story from a Boy and a dog's point of view. Good?

I'm writing a story about a 14 year old girl that is murdered by her step-father. Her best friend (a boy down the street) is out to prove it was the step-dad even though the police believe it was a street guy (hobo?) and are searching the streets to find him. The girls mother goes crazy with grief and the step-dad is now in charge of the 2 younger siblings who he also abuses. Im thinking about switching between her dog and the boys point of view. Maybe it could lead him to her body. I just think it's too common to be from only the boys point of view. Also do you think the dog leading the boy to her body sounds good or should I just have an older couple pop a tire and see her body in a grassy ditch? (this idea is from Brighton in my last question, I'm not taking credit, I do like it quite a bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment